Category Archives: News
July 1: New reset date for all AllergyAware.ca courses
Did you know that the AllergyAware.ca courses are reset each year on July 1? This means you can retake any of the courses to receive a certificate with a new date.
AllergyAware.ca wins big at this year’s Omni Awards
AllergyAware.ca has received two “Gold” Omni Awards for website excellence in the categories of education and health & fitness. The Omni Awards recognize outstanding achievements in film/video, web, and mobile media across North America.
Allergy Aware in Alberta
Steve Tymko is a Division Principal with Alberta’s Elk Island Catholic School (EICS) Division and has been a school administrator for the past 8 years. As an educator and someone who manages food allergy in his own family, Steve understands the importance of anaphylaxis education.
Update – Sweet Caroline Foundation recommends AllergyAware.ca to students
Based in Rothesay, New Brunswick, the Sweet Caroline Foundation was founded in memory of Caroline Lorette, who tragically passed away at the age of 14 after having an anaphylactic reaction to dairy.
Allergy Aware at Western University
As part of their food allergy-related training, all Hospitality Services staff at Western University are taking the “Anaphylaxis in Schools” course which covers the basics of anaphylaxis, ways to reduce risks, and the recommended emergency treatment.
July 1st reset date for AllergyAware.ca courses
Every July 1st, the AllergyAware.ca courses are reset so that you can can download a new Certificate of Completion by retaking a course and passing its quiz.
- Anaphylaxis Canada announces name change and new website August 18, 2015
- Food Allergy Canada announces new mobile-friendly version of training course for educators September 3, 2015
- Update: Allergy Aware Challenge for publicly-funded schools December 1, 2015
- Allergy Aware Challenge Winners! December 11, 2015
- Food Allergy Awareness Month continues with launch of online training course for parents and caregivers May 10, 2016